Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Missoni for Target

Loving that new Target commercial. It's so in my 1967-1974 zone!  Spy music plays and a girl sneaks around as though deeply involved in espionage - but that doesn't matter. There are zig zags, chevrons, beautiful bargello flamestitch everywhere - her clothes, her towels, her suitcase, her shoes, her rug!

Don't know which commercial I'm talking about? You can see it here.

It seems Target will be introducing a collection designed by Missoni, an Italian fashion house popular since the late 1950s for their colorful, patterned knitwear.  They've timed the launch of the line with New York's fashion week.  The collection will be available for a limited time only.

You gotta love it...  especially the bike.

I'm inspired.  Maybe I'll put aside what I'm currently working on and whip together some Missoni inspired clothing.  I've got a few pieces of vintage fabric that seem to fit the bill.





Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet-
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails