Friday, March 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Suess

In schools throughout America, today is Read Across America Day:  a nationwide reading celebration that takes place annually on March 2nd - Dr. Suess's birthday.  "In honor of my years on the school board" (I am not running for reelection after almost 13 years - my term ends in April), I was invited to be the guest reader at one of our elementary schools this morning.  So, thank you Valley View School for such a fun visit today.  I loved reading to you and having you rhyme with me in your colorful pajamas! 

Keep reading!
err... um, I mean... your school board president... for another five weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet-
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails