Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Stars! I'm in Heaven!

OK, I know I've already mentioned that I love that mid century Atomic era in design, but I swear I ate dinner off these dishes in the 60s.  Maybe not - my mom was more a melamine woman, but these plates just seem to jump out of my memories.  Their design is iconic.
Blue Heaven
 
and Star Glow.

 
Both by Royal China of Sebring Ohio.

I have heard they were given out as grocery store premiums.
That would explain why they're so plentiful.
Neither are hard to come by.  Many sellers advertise them as 1950s, but without doing a lot of research, I suspect they're from the 60s.  They are soooooo screamin' early 60s.  I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet-
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails