Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mary Tyler Moore and Gang had Style!

I've been DVR-ing reruns from the early years of The Mary Tyler Moore Show and playing them back on fast speed, stopping every time Mary, Rhoda or Phyllis has a change of clothes.  I don't know why, but I'm loving those mod looks right now.

Every once in a while, I troll around Etsy just looking at patterns from the late 60s/early 70s.  When I find one I love, I pop it into my favorites.  Sometimes I think about it too long - like I did with this groovy little number.  Next time I checked it out?  SOLD!  Ugh.


I love this one, too.  It's not sold yet, but it's kind of out of the price range I like to pay for a vintage pattern.  However, I'm beginning to think I can't live without it.  All the dresses I could make!  Border prints!  Cool 60s zipper pulls!  

Then there's this one that sold right out from under my nose.  As soon as it was gone, I started dreaming of all the cute buttons I'd use right down that scallop on the front of a sleeveless summer shift.  Well, finally I broke down and bought it somewhere else online for too much money - afterall, I really don't think I could have gone on living much longer without it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet-
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails