Friday, May 10, 2013

Roses, Wreaths and Burlap Leaves

A few weeks back, it really was time for Frosty to go home.  Even though the weather was anything but April-like, I needed a spring decoration for my front entry and these 25 yards of burlap ribbon rescued from my local Goodwill store for 99¢ needed to be used... and burlap is in, right? The green seemed to match the lime green of my front door, so I made a wreath.



I followed an easy tutorial here to make the burlap roses.

Not 100% sure how much I love the new wreath.  I question the proportions... a little small I think.  It works for now, however I better hurry on my next entry decoration anyway.  With the help of the sunshine, the burlap ribbon is quickly fading to it's natural jute color!  Thankfully, it was all very easy and inexpensive!  Anyone need some inch and 3/8ths spring green burlap ribbon?  I must still have 15 yards of it!

Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet-
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails