Monday, July 26, 2010

A Pretty Little Filly with a Ponytail

This is a close up of one of the screen printed, long lashed, winking fillies on a dress that I've had for about 20 years.  I must have found it at a thrift store.  I didn't buy it for me, but had to have it because it was so cute.  It's been hanging in my sewing room closet all these years.  I'm going to list it in my Etsy shop in the next few days.

It's a very preppy 60s shift - similar to Lilly Pulitzer dresses.

It was made by The Vested Gentress of Valley Forge, Pennsylvania.

Whoever created this line had a playful sense of humor.
Check out those gingham bows on the pony tails on the back of the dress!  

But all I can think of when I see it is a song my husband remembers from Mr. Ed!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet-
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails