Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Flower Garden in January

I'm so excited about my thrift store quilt find! 
It's a variation of Grandmother's Flower Garden.

All the seams are hand stitched.
It's about 72" square.

Check out these fabrics.
I'm thinking all of them are from the 1950s and earlier.
Some are from feedsacks.

Gotta love the colors.
It was in R-O-U-G-H shape.
It was never quilted, but tied with cotton cording.

Someone washed it and the old cotton batting
clumped up into baseball sized lumps.
It was no longer usable as a quilt.
But look at these wonderful fabrics!!!
I could remove the messed up batting
and make it into a better quilt or
I could salvage all these fabulous vintage cottons.
The best part?  Three bucks!!!

1 comment:

Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet-
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails