Thursday, January 21, 2010

Saying Goodbye to the Girls

They've been in the family for a long time.  They've brought us many warm memories.  We're going to miss them, but it's time to let go.  They have to find their own way in the world.  At least they'll have each other.

Yikes, I'm gonna start getting sentimental for real if I don't knock it off.  The "girls" are these two chiffon dresses made up as pattern models at my first place of employment, Mary Lester Fabrics at Capitol Court - yes, Capitol Court.  I don't know which Mary Lester employee made them, but they ended up at our house and have been floating around ever since the 70s. Except, even in the 70s they already seemed out of style - and let me tell you, I was stylin' in the 70s.  Not really.

Actually, they look more 60s to me, but either way they're full fledged vintage and I'm putting them up for sale in my Etsy shop... as a set.  I have to... they're best friends.

1 comment:

  1. I think I wore a version of these dresses as a bridesmaid in my brother's wedding - I think it was 1973.

    ReplyDelete

Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet-
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails