Monday, May 10, 2010

Shelf of the Week - Cream

Well, I've certainly been busy lately with the four grown kids coming home for the summer.  The sewing room has seen a metamorphosis from messy to clean to sparse to half moved to my bedroom.  Yes, my bedroom will be the sewing center for the summer.  The sewing room will host Lars and Spring until August 15th when they fly to Nanjing China for a year.

Because the kids were scheduled to arrive, the 'shelves of the week' got put on speed folding and photos were taken ahead of schedule.  I am happy to say that all fabric has been re-folded and mostly all of it, except a couple of bins in the closet, have been sorted and organized.  I'll get to that at the end of the summer.

This week's shelf?  The cream background fabrics.  There were a lot of them.  So many, that I didn't photograph so much - especially since I decided to take pictures after they were already folded and wedged onto their shelf and removing one piece would have caused undue pushing, compressing and shoving to get them back in line.  So if you're really curious (which, I wonder if you are...), look at the folds.  Sorry - I've been under pressure to finish.

I was able to get some of my chenille bedspreads under the shelf after the folding.  Yes!

There were many cool barkcloths, but this is my favorite.

With loads of summer water scenes.

My wonderful friend, Brenda, found seven of these classic barkcloth drapery panels in the attic of her 1860s farm house and sold them at a rummage for $1 per panel!  Guess who bought them?

Here's a lovely barkcloth border print.
 
A cute cotton animal print.  Isn't that called "anthropomorphic" when human characteristics are attributed to non-human things?  Sometime I'll have to share my anthropomorphic salt shaker collection.

Here's a great mid-century barkcloth.
Kitchenware and laboratory supplies all in one print.

A beautiful canvas with HUGE flowers.

I have three or four western prints from the 50s.
Lots of yardage in this one.

A great Eames era barkcloth with gold lurex and abstract shapes.

One last barkcloth.  

Stay tuned.  I still have white, green, grey and brown shelves left.
I'll bet you can't wait.  OK,  I need to cut the sarcasm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet-
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails