Thursday, October 1, 2009

Halloween Costumes!

It's that time of year again.  The time for all creative types to get busy on Halloween costumes.  And if you have kids, you know they have already started talking about what they want to "BE" this year.  The Halloween costume pressure is starting to wane in my family now that my youngest is 14.  However, that doesn't mean too much.  We have boxes and boxes of costumes in our house and everyone likes to dress up, no matter what the age... especially my husband who loves a good costume.  As a matter of fact, I remember in high school every year he would gather a large group of friends to go Christmas caroling at the mall and he would lead the way wearing a red satin cape, green shorts and tights.  Same husband once dressed up as an Oreo cookie at a Nintendo convention (believe it or not, a paid gig) and was followed around by a guy who wanted to know who the person with the nice legs in the Oreo was.  Same husband has been begging me for a Star Trek officer's uniform for years - any era: original show, Next Generation, one of the movies.  Yes, costumes are big at my house... and that won't be changing soon.

So, in honor of Halloween and creativity, this month I will be featuring pictures of Halloween costumes I have created in the past.  I'll start with my all time favorite:

The Staypuft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters.  Here is Lars, (my oldest - now 25) wearing the Staypuft outfit created from foam, felt and white cotton duck.  He loved that movie - still does.  The best thing about this costume?  It wasn't ruined by the winter coat underneath - usually a requirement for our chilly Wisconsin Halloween trick-or-treating.  His two-year-old brother was Slimer, but refused to cooperate with the costume much.  Yes, don't we all have those stories...

1 comment:

  1. I remember that costume! An ALL TIME CLASSIC in my book!

    ReplyDelete

Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet-
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails