Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fabric Addict?

OK, well after last week's shelf of the week blog post, my sister commented that I sure put a lot of pictures of fabric on my blog and to her point of view, they were just "ok" fabrics.   She also commented that she thought I really, really liked fabric.  I agreed that yes, I sure did.   And then to emphasize what she meant by "really, really," she said, "You've got sooo much fabric.  You have to admit that you like fabric more than anything else.  You are just really, really into fabric."   It wasn't what she said, it was how she said it.   To me it sounded like, "You really, really like toenail clippings. You've got sooo many in that jar on your mantle.  You have to admit that you like toenail clippings more than anything else. You are just really, really into toenail clippings."

I started to feel weird.   Maybe I have a problem. I do have a sewing room spilling over with fabric.  I've got thousands of buttons and heaven knows I have too many zippers now.   Maybe I am an addict.  Maybe Oprah and the hoarding therapist will soon be knocking on my door.   I did have a stray thought the other day as I was sorting through sewing notions and considering that I needed a second drawer for blanket binding, rick rack, and bias tapes ordered by color.  My stray thought was that when I die, an estate sale person would be brought in and exclaim, "Eureka, we have found the mother lode of vintage fabric here!"

Oh well. I'm going to have to deal with my thoughts of fabric addiction, but in the meantime, I don't want to mislead readers who might stumble upon my blog, so I updated the description in red over there ---> ---> 

It's in writing now.
Be warned. I yam what I yam.
p.s.  You can find a picture of just about anything on Google images...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet-
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails