Thursday, April 22, 2010

Granted... These Quilts are Old (2 of 2)

Last week I posted about one of two quilts that were given to my mother from family friends.  Here is the second quilt in that pair also made by Epsi Addaline Grant - first cousin to Ulysses S. Grant.

A patchwork star pattern - the exact name, I'm not sure.

 It's in beautiful browns...

...with a border of teal floral.

Hand pieced and hand quilted.

The corners were done in a print where part of the pattern has worn away probably due to the dye color of the stripe - revealing the old cotton batting.  This is an old quilt.  I wish I knew exactly how old.  My best guess is still late 1800s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet-
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails