Thursday, April 1, 2010

Dying to Dye

Every year on the Friday or Saturday before Easter, it's time to dye eggs at our house.  Finding new and creative ways to dye Easter eggs has always interested me.  I've made plaid eggs, rainbow eggs, tie-dyed eggs (those were cool), crackle eggs, and batik eggs - among other methods.  I wish I'd taken pictures!  When my daughter came along, she joined me in my quest to find new ways to dye eggs.  She was the master rainbow maker... plaid, too.  With plaid eggs, it takes just the right eye to know how deep to hold the egg in the dye bath and how to work the colors in reverse order and what color you end up with by overlapping dye minus a quarter inch.  Much trickier than you would imagine.  A few years ago I cut apart a magazine and slapped on letters with glue water.  Those were fun, too.
What creative things do you do with your Easter egg dyeing?

1 comment:

  1. AWw thanks mom! But just so everyone knows, my mom is a MASTER egg decorater, I simply copied her ideas. It's true :)

    ReplyDelete

Lemon tree very pretty, and the lemon flower is sweet-
But the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails